Did you know that fall is a great time to review your business plan, assess your progress toward your goals and finish the year strong? The fall also features several holidays that provide the perfect opportunity connect with your clients, especially if you haven’t spoken to them in a while. Here are five things to do this fall that will help you achieve your goals this year.
1. Review your goals. If you haven’t reviewed your goals recently, the fall is a great time to do so. Take the time to assess how close you are to reaching your goals, and think about what you can do to stay on track to finish the year on a high note.
2. Recommit to your goals. Whether you’ve been committed to your goals from day one or fell off track at some point earlier in the year, now is the time to recommit to achieving your goals. If your goals went by the wayside at some point this year, ask yourself why it happened. Were the goals not specific or too lofty? Did something happen to throw you off-track and you never recovered? Whatever your reasons, try to learn from the transgression and recommit to achieving your goal. While it may take some work, if you start now, you can still achieve it.
3. Plan a Client Party. The temperatures are dropping, the days are getting shorter, and soon people will begin to spend nearly all of their time indoors. Encourage your clients to enjoy the crisp air of the season with a fall-themed client party. Plan a hay ride, an afternoon at the pumpkin patch or a day at an apple orchard. Provide the warm beverages such as cocoa, cider or other warming drinks. Whether you make it a family affair or invite only your favorite couples, your guests are sure to have a fun time. Remember to thank them for their business and remind them that you’re never too busy for their referrals.
4. Touch base with your clients. If planning a client party isn’t your thing, there are plenty of ways to get in touch with your clients.
Hop on the phone. It only takes a minute to call a client to check in. If you’re not sure how to start the conversation, use your Referral Maker dialogues.
Write a personal note. Show your clients that you care with a hand-written personal note.
Pop-Bys. The fall holidays make it easy to deliver themed Pop-By gifts. Deliver Halloween candy to your clients with children, flags for military veteran clients and order Thanksgiving pies for your A+ and A clients.
5. Get motivated to finish the year strong. Everyone needs a heaping dose of motivation at this time of year.
Get a daily mantra. A favorite quote or saying can inspire us to give our best and stay on track to succeed.
Read inspirational stories. Learn from the experiences of others through their inspirational stories. When you want a hit of inspiration, curl up with a biography or autobiography of a person who overcame tremendous obstacles to reach success.
Attend a seminar. Seminars not only improve your knowledge, they can also boost your motivation. If you haven’t signed up for Brian Buffini’s Success Tour, what are you waiting for? Brian heads to New York City tomorrow and ends the year in Toronto in November. Visit BrianBuffini.com for more information and to reserve your spot.