When is the last time you popped by to one of your favorite clients? Pop-Bys are an important part of working by referral. They show your clients that you’re thinking of them, which in turn may encourage them think of you when a friend or family member is in the market to buy or sell property.
Despite being great for business, many real estate professionals are nervous to drop off a Pop-By item because they’re not sure what to give their clients. They may also worry that they’re spending too much or too little on the item and the client will notice. The good news is that the gift itself doesn’t matter; what does matter is that you’ve taken the time to stop in and see how they’re doing. With Pop-Bys, it’s truly the thought that counts.
If you’re not sure what to bring, here are 15 great Pop-By ideas that will help you stand out among your competition.
1. Baked goods
2. Plants or bulbs
3. Coffee mugs with coffee or cocoa packets
4. Car wash coupons
5. Emergency number magnets
6. Small tools for around the house
7. Microwave popcorn with movie rental coupons
8. Back to school items for clients with children
9. Cookout sauces such as BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard and relish
10. Piggy banks or coin purses
11. Gift cards
12. Patriotic flags
13. Home emergency kits
15. Any gift that is specific to your client’s needs or interests
• Create a tag for the item that includes your contact information
• Keep some nonperishable Pop-By items in your car so you can do a Pop-By anytime you pass clients’ homes.
• Make your visit short and standing—don’t take a seat, even if you’re offered one. This is a Pop-By, not tea time.
• Ask for a referral.
Referral Maker™ CRM makes Pop-Bys a breeze! Always know when your clients are due for a visit and see who lives nearby so you can make your visits in one fell swoop. Click here to learn more and to start using Referral Maker CRM today!