When you work by referral, your clients become the life blood of your business. Although many agents offer great service during the transaction, they may lose touch with the clients once the transaction has closed. They may think, “The transaction is over, why do I need to contact them again? They probably don’t want to hear from me anyway.” Falling prey to these thoughts is a huge mistake for real estate professionals. According to studies from NAR, your clients want to hear from you, even after the transaction is over. In fact, once the transaction closes you can offer your clients a host of other services that reinforce your character and competence. As a result, you stay at the top of the minds of your clients so that you’re the person they think of when a friend or family member mentions they’re in the market for a home or plan to sell their current property.
Luckily, it’s never too late to reconnect with your clients, even if it’s been years. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Get in touch. Pick up the phone and give your clients a call. Or, write them a personal note or letter and apologize for dropping off the face of the planet. Ask them how they’ve been, and update their information in your database.
2. Ask how you can help. Use your conversation as an opportunity to see if you can help your clients. Engage them in conversation, and always listen for ways that you can help.
3. Connect them with another professional from your database. If they mention that they need a new roof or a landscaper, refer them to a professional in your network. Or, if they mention that they’re stressed about tax season, refer them to a tax professional you trust. This will help to position you as the hub of your network.
4. Offer a market assessment of their property. Even if they’re not in the market to sell their home right now, most homeowners are curious about its value. Once you’ve given them an assessment of their property, discuss ways that you can help them whether they want to put their home on the market or would like to renovate their kitchen to boost the home’s value.
5. Pop By their home or office. After you chat with them, deliver a Pop-By item to their home or office to reinforce that you’re there to help and that you’re never too busy for their referrals. Referral Maker Pro offers real estate marketing materials intended to keep you on the minds of your clients.
Referral Maker™ real estate CRM software can help to ensure that you don’t lose touch with any of your clients. Referral Maker uses an algorithm to ensure that you contact everyone in your database at least once every 90 days. Never has it been easier to work by referral. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.