Real estate agents have embraced social media as a way to market themselves and their listings. While the social networking site of choice is Facebook, many agents have started using Pinterest to market properties. Pinterest is more than DIY craft how-tos and children’s party planning ideas; the growing social media site is a great option to showcase stunning interior design and architectural features, and even post listings. According to Pinterest marketing expert Melanie Duncan, more than 80% of traffic on Pinterest is from repins, or people sharing images from one another’s boards. Interested in getting started? Here’s how:
1. Set up a business account. Even if you’re an experienced Pinner, it’s a good idea to set up a separate Pinterest account for your business. That way you can create boards that are specific to your customer base and maintain some level of privacy. Click here to set up your business account.
2. Start pinning. Pinterest is an image-focused website, and the people who are active on it are looking to discover anything new, interesting or inspiring. Some ideas for pins:
• Listings, including stunning interior shots
• Marketing materials
• Infographics about real estate or even your local area
• Video tours of homes that are on the market
• Helpful information about buying, selling or moving
• Any Referral Maker™ CRM blogs that you find interesting
4. Be sure to add an image description to each of your Pins. The caption should include keywords, a link to the listing on your site and a call to action.
Example: 4 bed, 3.5 bath luxury townhome with views of Azure Lake, and located in the heart of the Lakeview. Visit www.tomeuproperties.com for more information and to contact me for a showing.
5. Add a Pin It button to your website. This will help you track the popularity of your content with Pinners.
Use Pinterest to market your skills & expertise to current and potential clients. Click to tweet.
Pinterest is another tool that you can use to market your business. Like Facebook and other social media sites, Pinterest can help you market your skills and expertise to current and potential clients. When you get leads from Pinterest, be sure to put their information into Referral Maker™ CRM real estate software. Visit the Referral Maker CRM website for more information and to start your free 30-day trial today.