When your clients buy or sell a home and they ask for the name of a reputable tree trimmer, rug cleaner or even a great pizza place in the area, who do you refer them to? In the 30 days before, during and after a real estate transaction is closed, nearly 26 services are used, including the services of mortgage professionals, home inspectors, etc. Chances are, you refer your clients to a variety of great businesses in your local area; why not put these trusted businesses together in a single directory?
Referrals are contingent upon trust, which is built each time you refer your clients to companies that will treat them with the same level of care and respect as you. Similarly, you provide a service to the businesses you work with, exposing their businesses to new customers. Have you added these companies to your business directory and database of your real estate CRM? If not, ask them if they want to be included. Then ask if they think the businesses they work with would like to be included as well, and follow up with them.
How to Build Your Business Directory
1. Put together a list of businesses that you refer to your clients. Sort and qualify these relationships into A+, A, B, C and D categories, the same as you do with your client database.
2. Call the businesses on your list and ask if they want to be included in your business directory. Participating in the directory will give them a sense of ownership of the list, increasing the likelihood that they will send referrals your way.
3. Ask what businesses in the community they refer their customers to. Be sure to ask for the contact information of their suggestions.
4. Follow up with each of your new referrals, and let them know who referred you to them. Ask them if they would like to be added to your business directory.
5. Keep your business directory up-to-date. Sort and qualify it every few months to keep it current.
Creating a business directory validates your position as the nucleus of your database in the Referral MakerTM CRM. While you work to build the relationships that will generate the referrals you need to flourish, you connect your clients to the services they need, and businesses to the customers that will help them grow and profit.
Let Referral MakerTM CRM help you build your business directory. Referral Maker is a real estate CRM is designed to help you track your numbers, update your database and make it easier for you to Work by Referral. Click here to learn more and to start using Referral Maker CRM today.