When you work by referral, building relationships with your clients becomes a top priority. After all, they’re the ones who will sing your praises to the people they know, and refer you in an instant. If you want to grow and improve your relationships with your clients—especially your top ones—it’s important to get face-to-face and voice-to-voice with them. In addition to providing value, frequent communication reassures them that you’re looking out for their best interests, whether you’re currently working with them or not. Not only does it make you appear more professional, it also allows you to show concern for your clients while showing off your mad real estate skills. Here are five ways to get face time with your clients.
1. Phone calls. Instead of picking up the phone to make a cold call, dial one of your favorite clients. One of the biggest complaints that buyers and sellers have is that their real estate agent disappeared after the transaction ended. They want to hear from you! Call your clients periodically to check in and see how they’re doing. Ask about their families or how the renovations on the house are coming along, and listen for any need that you think that you can fill.
If you’re not sure who to call, login to Referral Maker real estate CRM. Referral Maker gives you a list of clients to call each day based on your goals and your relationship with them. You’ll talk to your best clients more often, and gradually build relationships with your B and C clients over time.
2. Personal notes. When you receive a personal note in the mail, how does it make you feel? It makes your day, doesn’t it? That’s how your clients feel when they receive a card from you. You don’t need a specially occasion to send one, either. Write a personal note after you hang up with them to tell them that you enjoyed speaking with them or write one after you meet with them to reassure them that you’re glad to work with them. Or, send one to let them know that you’re thinking of them. It only takes a few minutes to write, but the impact is a lasting one.
3. Pop-Bys. A Pop-By is a small festive or thoughtful gift that you deliver to your all-star A+ and A clients as a token of appreciation for their business and referrals. Lucky for you, September through the middle of January is Pop-By season. These months feature several holidays—Halloween, Thanksgiving, Veteran’s Day, Christmas, Hanukah, New Year’s— that give you the perfect opportunity to drop by your clients’ homes with gifts. Pop-Bys keep you at the top of the minds of your clients during the most social time of the year.
4. Client parties are a fun way to connect with several of your clients at the same time and show your gratitude. Although you can host a client party at any time of the year, the autumn and winter are great times for them because these seasons put us in a festive and social mood. Incorporate the seasons and holidays into your party’s theme and food. And, remember to give a toast to thank your clients for their business and referrals.
5. Video updates. Use technology to help you look like a super star to your clients. Record a personalized video update to:
• Introduce your monthly eReport email
• Update your buyers with new listings that meet their criteria
• Update your sellers on interest in their home
• Give your top clients the lowdown on the local market
A video update pierces your clients’ defenses; since video is relatively new in marketing, they’re more likely to it and will get a kick out of the personalized aspect of it.
Want more tips to help you get face time with your clients? Attend Brian Buffini’s Success Tour when it stops in Toronto on November 4th and 5th. Gain the knowledge you need to thrive in the new era of real estate, learn tips to help you boost the impact of working by referral and get motivated to put your Customized Business Plan into action. Visit BrianBuffini.com to register today!
Referral Maker® real estate CRM makes it easy to keep in touch with your clients. Simply upload and sort your database and Referral Maker will give you a daily list of who to call, how often and even what to say to start the conversation. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.