When you improve your mind, you’ll improve your business. The more time you set aside for personal and professional growth and development, the more successful you’ll be in your business. It’s true—the most successful real estate professionals understand that in order to offer you clients the highest level of service, it’s vital to keep one’s skills sharp, habits good and attitude positive. Here’s how:
1. Read. Knowledge is power and one of the quickest ways to learn is to read a book. Whether it’s a business book, a biography of a great leader or a work of classic literature, you’re sure to learn helpful tips to use in your business, with clients and in your life.
2. Cultivate better habits. Want to be more successful? Improve your habits. Think about your current habits and pinpoint a few that could use improvement. Start with one bad habit and spend a few weeks replacing it with a good habit. For example, if you find yourself scrolling through social media whenever you get a free moment, delete the app from your phone. When you do access social media, limit your time to 20 minutes—enough to check in with clients and post relevant content, but not so long that you’re wasting otherwise productive time.
3. Find a mentor. If you strive for success, be sure to surround yourself with successful people, starting with a mentor. Mentors offer advice when you need it, offer motivation and guide you along your path to success.
4. Commit to personal and professional development. Continuous learning is essential for success in your business and life. Take a class online, at your local college or register for seminars and real estate events. Whatever you choose, commit to professional development this year to help you take your business to the next level.
5. Get in touch with your clients. The more you connect with your clients, the longer you’ll stay at the top of their mind. Staying in touch is not only good for your business, it’s good for you, too. Who knows—you may be able to find a business mentor or another business to refer your clients to from the folks you serve in your database.
Referral Maker® CRM makes it easy to start your year on the right foot. Track your activities, stay connected to clients and schedule your development time all with the click of a mouse. Visit ReferralMaker.com for more information.