Have you ever complained that you just can’t find the time to read as much as you’d like to? As a busy real estate professional, there’s no doubt that your days are packed with showings and lead generation, not to mention workouts, time with family, etc. However, one can usually carve out fifteen minutes to read. Here’s how:
1. Read when you wake up. What better way to start your day than with a boost of motivation from a great business-oriented book? Reading first thing in the morning helps you to set the tone for your day and start it on the right note.
Want to know what’s on Brian Buffini’s bookshelf? Click here to view his 2015 recommended reading list.
2. Read before you go to bed. Reading is also a great way to unwind after a long and stressful day. Go to bed fifteen minutes earlier than usual and read. Set a timer so that you don’t doze off mid-sentence.
3. Bring a book with you everywhere. Channel your inner Gilmore Girl and bring a book with you everywhere you go. The advent of the eBook makes it even easier to do so—just download your book to your smartphone or tablet so that you can read it anywhere.
4. Read while you wait. We waste so much time waiting. While it’s nice to have this time to space out every now and then, make this time to work for you and read. Pull out a book or smartphone while you’re in line for the DMV, the supermarket or waiting for your lunch order. These spare minutes of reading are sure to add up.
5. Schedule it. When all else fails, schedule it into your day. If you’re time blocking your day, make use of the space between time blocks to read. Or, schedule time at the end of the work day to read.
Referral Maker® Tip: Referral Maker real estate CRM can help you become more productive while you reach your goals. Use Referral Maker to schedule reading into your day, make it part of your daily to-do list or set a 5 Circle goal to read a book a month.
Reading is more than a leisure activity; the greatest leaders have also been voracious readers. When you read positive and motivational books, you help to propel your business to the next level.
Need an extra boost of motivation? Register for Brian Buffini’s Success Tour. This two-day real estate event will give you the knowledge and inspiration you need to have the best year ever. Visit BrianBuffini.com to secure your spot today!