Brian Buffini’s Success Tour stopped in Seattle last week to give real estate professionals the tools and strategies they need to thrive in the new era of real estate. The industry’s leading expert, Brian Buffini, was joined by his special guest Brian Tracy—a world renowned motivational business coach—to deliver exciting content and a heaping dose of motivation to everyone in the Seattle audience as well as those viewing the live broadcast of the real estate event from the comfort of their offices. Here are five key takeaways from the event:
1. How to succeed in the new era of real estate. Today’s buyers and sellers are more savvy about the real estate market and process than they were just a decade ago. While consumers have changed, there’s one thing that hasn’t—the principles and skills necessary to guide them through the process. Lead generation is the key to your success in real estate, and when you work by referral, your leads come in the form of referrals from your clients.
2. To work like a pro, it’s important to work smart, not just work hard. Pros abide by the expression, “work smarter, not harder.” They’re disciplined enough to follow a schedule and know when to say “no” to projects and activities that will take their eyes of their main goals. They also know how to delegate the tasks that aren’t their strengths so that they can focus on the tasks that are. If you want to be a pro, it’s essential to adopt this mindset.
3. The importance of planning. Planning allows you to stay organized and prioritize your day so that you can achieve your goals and help your business to thrive. This isn’t to say that you have to plan every second of the day—you do need some wiggle room. However, having a plan for your day helps you keep your priorities in check.
Use Referral Maker™ real estate CRM software to help you keep your schedule organized. Referral Maker devises a list of proactive lead generating activities intended to help you reach the goals you have for your business. Visit Referral Maker to learn more and to start your 30-day free trial.
4. Selling like a pro entails listening twice as much as you talk. Learn to listen more than you speak, and when you do speak, be sure to ask open-ended questions. Write down what you hear and repeat what you heard them say to clarify what you heard.
5. Self-improvement is vital to improving your business. Investing in yourself is vital to growing your business. Take classes, register for seminars and read business and professional development books to improve your knowledge and boost your skills.
If you missed the Seattle Success Tour, we’re heading to Richmond in April. And, if you can’t make it to the live real estate event, register for the live HD webstream. Visit brianbuffini.com for more information and to register.