Although technology makes it easier for us to get in touch with our clients, it’s also made the process much less personal. Sure, there are times when an email or text trumps a letter in terms of efficiency; however, if you want to build relationships, personal contact is essential. That means getting face-to-face and voice-to-voice with your clients and adding that personal touch. Here are five reasons to get personal with your clients.
1. You’ll build a deeper connection. We’ve become so used to communicating via technology that we often reserve the more ‘old school’ methods for people we have a personal connection with, like family and friends. When you start out on that note, you’re able to set the foundation for a long-lasting and strong relationship.
2. You’ll build trust. Personal contact builds trust; however, it’s contingent upon consistency. By consistently sending your monthly marketing items in the mail, consistently following your mailing with a phone call and consistently following that with a personal note, your clients will begin to rely on you to provide value and great service. You’ll become their trusted advisor for all things real estate.
3. You’ll stand out from the competition. While many agents are thirsty for the next marketing and social media gimmick, your tried and true approach is a breath of fresh air. After all, people today see through obvious sales pitches and are skeptical of all things that scream “sales!” However, by focusing on service and building relationships, you’ll build strong relationships with clients that you love to work with.
4. You’ll be able to serve your clients better. People are more likely to let their guards down when communicating voice-to-voice and face-to-face. With email and texting, you’re able to plan what you’re going to say; personal communication is more off-the-cuff. This gives you the opportunity to listen for potential needs that you can meet and serve your clients even better.
5. Who doesn’t love a personal note? Many of us don’t get very much personal mail these days. Instead our boxes are full of junk mail and bills. However, when we receive a personal note in the mail, we’re instantly happier. We think, “someone took the time to write a note to me?” and we instantly feel special. That’s how your clients feel when they open a personal note from you. Don’t stress out if your handwriting is horrible; it’s the sentiment that counts. Not sure what to say? Referral Maker™ real estate CRM can get you started with a few writing prompts, as well as proven dialogues for phone calls.
Show your clients that you care by giving them the personal communication that they deserve. Get more time-tested tips for serving your clients at Brian Buffini’s Success Tour when it makes its way around the United States and Canada this year. Get the scoop on real estate with industry leader Brian Buffini, learn the tools to help you serve your clients better with America’s best listing agent Joe Niego and enjoy a healthy dose of inspiration from a variety of special guests. Visit BrianBuffini.com to reserve your spot in the live audience or for the pay-per-view broadcast today!