It’s the middle of January. You’ve established your SMART goals and have a plan to turn those goals into a reality. You’re feeling motivated and ready to dominate the industry—well, at least your local market. Take advantage of your extra boost of motivation to adopt these five habits that are sure to help you reach your goals.
1. Daily proactive lead generating activities. Your daily lead generating activities help drive referrals to your business. However, it’s easy to get distracted with other parts of your business and let calls, notes and Pop-Bys fall to the wayside. Get in the habit of making lead generation a priority. Time-block your schedule, hire an assistant to handle the little fires that spring up and make a daily commitment to lead generation.
Make it happen: Referral Maker™ real estate CRM software makes your daily lead generating activities a part of your to-do list. Referral Maker will tell you what to do, who to contact and even what to say. Making lead generation a habit has never been easier.
2. Positive thinking. Any problem is surmountable with a positive attitude. Optimistic people are more successful than their negative counterparts and are more enjoyable to be around.
Make it happen: When negativity begins to creep into your thoughts, fight back by thinking of three positive ones. It also helps to surround yourself with positivity: positive people, positive books and positive places.
3. A commitment to personal development. We can all use some improvement—personally and professionally—and personal development helps us to do so.
4. Better health. Feel better, have more energy and possibly live longer by adopting healthy habits, including eating better, exercising more and even flossing daily
Make it happen: Start your day with a green smoothie, take a walk around the block during lunch or choose an apple instead of cookies for a mid-afternoon nosh. Make an effort to make one healthy choice a day and soon you’ll find that these healthy decisions become a regular habit.
5. Building relationships. Real estate is a social business, and networking is a vital part of it. However, there’s no point in collecting business cards if you don’t deepen the relationship with each person. After all, strong relationships often translate into a reliable stream of referrals.
Make it happen: Go through your Rolodex or address book and contact every person on the phone or write them a personal note. Don’t worry; you don’t have to do this all in one day. Just choose one person per day. Referral Maker makes this process even easier by giving you a list of people from your database to contact on a daily basis. Learn more about Referral Maker or sign up for a free 30-day trial today.