If you want to have your most successful year ever, look no further than your habits. The habits we practice have a big impact on our level of success. Although many of us want to be more successful, bad habits tend to act as roadblocks in our paths and prevent us from reaching our full potential. The most successful people have many good habits in common. Here are five to help you get started.
1. They start the day right. Research shows that the most successful people in business begin their days when the sun does. Waking up early allows to you take advantage of peace and quiet in order to start your day on a more productive note. Whether you use the time to prioritize your day, check email or write a few personal notes, this is time that you set aside each day to prepare for the rest of the day. Not a morning person? No problem; set your alarm 10 minutes earlier than you would normally wake up, and resist the urge to hit snooze. Instead get out of bed and get productive.
2. They focus on priorities. If you’ve ever felt that there just aren’t enough hours in the day to complete everything on your list, it’s time to rethink your priorities. Many of us fall into the trap of trying to do everything and then feel frustrated and miserable when we can’t do it all. The most successful people don’t try to do it all; they do the most important tasks first.
3. They delegate. If you find that your to-do list grows each day, think about what tasks you can delegate to an assistant. Outsourcing the easier tasks, such as preparing and mailing your monthly Marketing Flyers, preparing paperwork, etc. frees you up to do the tasks that drive your business and generate leads.
4. They’re committed to professional and personal development. We’re all a work in progress. Successful folks have an insatiable curiosity for the industry and the world around them. They voraciously read books and articles that can help them hone their skills as an agent and a human being. Additionally, they attend conferences and seminars with other driven, like-minded professionals, and seek to surround themselves with other achievers. Brian Buffini’s Success Tour 2015 is heading to a city near you this year with a full line up of inspirational speakers and the knowledge necessary to make this your best year ever. See it live or online! Visit BrianBuffini.com for more information and to reserve your spot.
5. They’re grateful. Gratitude is powerful. Not only does it help us to keep everything in perspective, it can help us appreciate what we have and improve our relationships with other people. When you approach life with a spirit of gratitude, people will be drawn to your positive demeanor and more doors will open. Start today: List three things you’re grateful for in your life. For best results, do this exercise every day until it becomes a habit.
Referral Maker® real estate CRM can help you develop and keep your new habits, as well as work by referral more efficiently, keep in touch with your best clients, and much more! Visit ReferralMaker.com for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.