We all have those days, the ones where we keep pushing things off until tomorrow. Perhaps you don’t feel like writing personal notes or calling a new client—“I’ll do it tomorrow when I feel fresher/when my head is more in the game/when I’ve had my coffee/when the sun, the moon and the planet Jupiter are all perfectly aligned with the third branch of that tree over there.” In the time that it takes to think of a clever excuse not to do something, you could have just done it. Enough with the internal dialogue and justifications—get more done now with these tips.
1. Tackle the least fun activity first. We all have something that we loathe doing. However, the longer you avoid something and keep it looming over your head, the bigger a deal it becomes. Deflate its power over you and just do it. Once you get it over with, you’ll feel a huge sense of relief and wonder why it took so long to do it in the first place.
2. Complete the easy tasks next. If an activity only takes a few minutes to complete, tackle it next. Need to write a note to a client you had lunch with last week? Take a couple minutes to write it. Need to update a client’s information? Just do it. Referral Maker® real estate CRM makes it easy to update client information on your computer or when you’re out and about.
3. Wake up earlier. While it sure feels good to sleep in a few extra minutes, getting up early can help you get more done. Take advantage of the early morning hours, when everyone else is asleep, to get a jump on your day, tackle your to-do list and get more done.
4. Time block your day. Working in 90-minute blocks not only helps you stay focused, it can help you get more done each day. Time blocking allows you to block out distractions so that you can do the proactive lead generating activities that will drive your business.
5. Make a list, and prioritize it. Many of us write to-do lists every day; however, the important next step is to prioritize your list. The activities on your list are not of equal importance—some things are more important than others. Take the time to single out the most important activity on your list each day—this is the item that you absolutely have to get done or else. Make sure that this activity gets done, no matter what.
Referral Maker can help you get more done each day, every day. Referral Maker lets you know what to do, who to call and what to say, as well as helps you track your activities and finances and stay on track to reach all of your goals. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.