Although the year is winding down, it’s also important to look ahead and think about the steps you can take now to have an even more successful 2015. After all, it’s the seeds you sow now that result in the referrals and closed transactions that you’ll receive next year. Here are five things to do now to set up for a great year.
1. Focus on lead generation. Your daily proactive lead generation—your calls, notes and Pop-Bys—is as important now as it is at any other time of year. Luckily, the nature of the season makes it a great time to check-in with your clients, especially the ones who have been most important to your business’s success. Keep plugging away at these activities and you’ll notice the results before you know it.
2. Plan a client party. Connect with your clients while having fun! Client parties give you an opportunity to hang out with your best clients and show them how much you appreciate their business. It’s going above and beyond what’s expected and saying to them, “You’re so important to me that I want to celebrate our relationship.” Like your daily lead generation, these events plant the seeds for future referrals.
3. Assess your goals this year. If you’ve been tracking your goals, you can look back on your journey. What goals have you achieved? What worked? What would you do differently? Taking the time to think about your goals for the year and your journey toward completing them is important, especially if you’d like to set more challenging goals next year.
4. Think about your goals for next year. Once you’ve assessed this year’s goals, think about what you’d like to achieve next year. If you achieved your goals this year pretty easily, try to kick it up a notch or two next year. Or, conversely, if you had a rough year, give it another go next year.
5. Don’t forget about growth. Personal and professional growth are both vital to your success in business and in life. By committing to growth and learning, you help to ensure that you stay on top of your game and stand out from the competition. Read books from influential business leaders, find a mentor and attend a real estate event in your area. Brian Buffini’s Success Tour ends the year in Toronto, Canada on November 4th and 5th. Brian and his special guest, bestselling author Les Brown, will give attendees the knowledge and inspiration they need to thrive in the new era of real estate. Visit BrianBuffini.com to register today!