If you want to be more productive, you don’t have to make sweeping changes at work or in your life—you can become more productive one small habit at a time. After all, the most successful people in the real estate industry aren’t born more productive than their peers. They don’t have a secret formula that makes them more productive. Instead, they’ve developed their habits over time in order to become more productive. Here are five habits to help you get started.
1. Know your priorities. When you prioritize your day ahead of time, you know where to start when you get to the office. You don’t have to waste an hour of your day when you get in figuring out who to call, what to send, who you need to connect with, etc. Instead, you can get right to work! Take it a step further by planning all the mundane details of your life, from your outfit to your lunch. The fewer decisions you have to make, the better you’ll be able to focus on the details that matter.
2. Clear the distractions. Distractions may be all around, but you don’t have to succumb to them. Make your office a distraction-free zone by putting up a Do Not Disturb sign while you’re on the phone generating leads and use an app on your computer that blocks social media sites. That way you can focus on the task at hand.
3. Review your goals. While it’s important to set goals at the beginning of the year, it’s vital to review them regularly. Reading them on a daily or weekly basis reconnects you to what you need to work toward and helps you stay on track. If you’re having a great week, it’ll reaffirm you’re doing the right thing. If you’re having one of those weeks filled with challenges, frustration and drama, it’ll help you remember why you’re doing what you’re doing.
4. Journal. Documenting your day not only helps you stay on track to reach your goals, it also gives you a place to note what’s working in your business, what isn’t, what you should do differently and provides perspective when you need it the most.
5. Get some fresh air. We all know it’s important to take breaks; however, getting outside is also important. Every few hours take a walk around the block to get your blood pumping and clear your head. You’ll be amazed by how much more focused and energized you feel when you get back to your desk.
Referral Maker CRM was designed to keep you on track to reach your goals and have your most productive year. Review your Dashboard to see what you need to get done each day and how close you are to reaching your goals, set new goals and keep track of your client communication. Visit Referral Maker CRM for more information and start using it today!