You’ve heard it time and time again—it’s vital to set goals, both personal- and business-oriented ones. The most successful people in business—in any industry—set goals, and track their progress toward achieving them. Most people put this process in motion at the beginning of the year, as the New Year provides the perfect impetus for a fresh start. Use your renewed motivation to think about what you want to achieve this year and set realistic goals. Here’s how:
1. Review the previous year. This will give you a baseline to start from, especially if you’ve never set goals before. Look at your numbers—the number of transactions you closed, how much money you make, how many clients you added to your database, etc. If you’re using Referral Maker® real estate CRM, the software tallies this information for you during the year. See what you accomplished in 2014 and make a commitment to exceeding those numbers this year.
2. Find your “why.” A “why” is the reason that you get up in the morning to do your daily lead generating activities. It’s more than “I have bills to pay, that’s why I get up and work every day.” It’s the bigger picture. Maybe you want to retire early or be able to take your family on an all-expense paid vacation somewhere awesome or set your folks up in a new house during their retirement. Whatever it is, use it as your motivation to succeed, especially on those days when you’re just not feeling it.
3. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals. It’s not enough to set a goal, any goal. Create S.M.A.R.T. goals to ensure that you’ll succeed. S.M.A.R.T. goals are:
Specific & written
Measurable in progress & completion
Realistic in time & skill
4. Break up large or long-term goals. Breaking big goals into smaller ones will help to ensure that you stay on track for success. These smaller, short- and mid-term goals act as milestones over the course of the year, and serve to keep you motivated to succeed.
5. Track! It’s all well and good to set a goal; if you want to achieve it, you must track your activities in order to see your progress. The benefits are two-fold—tracking allows you to see how far you’ve come and how far you have left to reach your goal. Seeing this progress helps you stay motivated and gives you the perspective you need to persevere during challenging times.
Did you know that Referral Maker® real estate CRM can help you to set and achieve your goals? It’s true; Referral Maker makes it easy to create realistic business and personal goals, and even helps you stay on track to achieve them. Track your activities quickly and easily, and check your progress whenever you wish. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.