If you’re planning on hosting a client party this spring or summer, the time to plan is now. A client party helps you connect with your best clients while expressing gratitude for the referrals they’ve sent your way. When you start planning early, it takes the stress out of the process. Here are a few tips:
1. Choose a few dates a month or more ahead of time and contact potential venues for availability. The calendars of venues and your clients fill up fast, especially as the weather gets warmer. The earlier you can get a date in the books, the more likely you’ll get your first choice of venue and the more guests who will be able to attend.
2. Select a theme. Themes are festive and fun. Some ideas include:
• A garden party: Take advantage of spring and summer blooms with a garden party at a local botanical garden or similar place.
• A summer BBQ: Everyone loves a barbeque! Get guests mingling while they feast on traditional favorites including burgers, potato salad and corn on the cob.
• A picnic: Reserve a spot at park in your community and have it catered by a local deli or sandwich shop. Set up games including bocce ball or horse shoes.
• A beach party: If you live near a beach, take advantage of the outdoors. Set up pop-up tents and games and serve a variety of food.
• A harbor cruise: Perfect for small gatherings, invite your top clients on a harbor cruise and enjoy a nice evening out.
3. Make your guest list. Do you want to invite your whole database or just your A+ and A clients? Will you invite your vendors and the businesses you work with as well? Outline your guest list as soon as possible as this will set the tone of your party.
4. Plan the raffle or giveaways. If you opt to have a raffle or giveaways, now is the time to start shopping for them. Or, contact the businesses you work with to ask for donations.
5. Send invitations. Once you have the dates, venue and guest list nailed down, send your invitations. While you can send paper invitations, evites may also be acceptable if you want to save paper. If you personalize your flyers, include a reminder on the bottom third of your monthly Marketing Flyer.
Did you know you can use Referral Maker CRM to plan your entire party? Manage your guest list, track responses and get reminders—planning has never been easier. Visit ReferralMaker.com to learn more.