If you’re like most real estate professionals who attended Brian Buffini’s Success Tour, or other real estate events or seminars, you leave the event excited to put what you’ve learned into action. You’re motivated to thrive, and eager to turn your Customized Success Plan into a reality. Although many agents make changes right away and put their businesses on the course to success, others lose their motivation and get back into the same routine that caused their business to stagnate. Here are five ways to use your motivation to make lasting positive changes to your business:
1. Post your Customized Success Plan where you can see it, and refer to it often. If you don’t see it, you’re sure to forget it. Refer to it weekly, or as often as you need to, to refresh your memory and reconnect with your motivation. Better yet, make an appointment with yourself each week to review it, that way you won’t forget. After all, if it’s in your calendar, you’re obligated to do it.
2. Prioritize your day, every day. If you’re like many real estate professionals, you may struggle with time management. During the Success Tour, Brian Buffini delved into the importance of planning and including wiggle room. When you get back to the office, take out your calendar and start planning your year, your month and your week. Then, set aside twenty minutes every day to prioritize the following day. That way, you can wake up in the morning ready to work.
3. Research your local housing market. It’s always helpful to know the statistics of your local housing market, such as the average list and sales prices, average time on the market and number of months of supply. Not only will knowing these facts help you with your next listing presentation, they’ll also give you the insight you need to create your own listing opportunities.
4. Connect with your current buyers and sellers. As we learned from America’s Best Listing Agent, Joe Niego, a skilled agent maintains continuous contact with their clients throughout the entire transaction. Give your current buyers and sellers a call. Referral Maker™ real estate CRM can help you remember to contact your active clients on a weekly basis.
5. Practice your dialogues. In order to be the consummate professional, you have to practice what you’ve learned. Dialogues helps you put your best foot forward and offer reassurance to your clients. Once you have them memorized, you can put your own unique spin on them. To get to that point, you have to practice them. Rehearse in the car, while you’re getting ready in the morning, while pulling weeds in the garden, etc.
Bonus: Keep your motivation going with ongoing self-improvement. If you were inspired by Jon Gordon’s message of positivity on Day 1 of Brian Buffini’s Success Tour in Richmond, go to his website and learn more about the books he’s written. Or, read the work of other speakers on the Success Tour including Brian Tracy, Shawn Achor and Rudy Giuliani.
Brian Buffini’s Success Tour 2014 rolls into San Jose, California on June 16th and 17th with special guest Shawn Achor, happiness expert and best-selling author of The Happiness Advantage and Before Happiness. Register today for this exciting real estate event!