Since the vast majority of buyers begin their home searches online, property listings have become even more important. It’s not enough to just list a few descriptive phrases and a photo or two—internet-savvy buyers want to imagine themselves living there before they pick up the phone to schedule an in-person viewing. How can you make your listings pop?
1. Prepare ahead of time. Part of preparation is getting the home to look its best for photos and showings. This means cleaning, decluttering and in many cases, packing. While your clients may not have to pack everything right now, it helps to begin packing valuables, unused items and furniture and other items that are taking up space. Outside, encourage your clients to mow, trim back shrubs, sweep walkways and put away or pack up outdoor recreational items.
2. Create a great description. People buy emotionally. Words evoke emotions and help potential buyers visualize living in the home. For many, a house is more than a shelter to live in; it’s where they will create lasting memories for years to come. A well-written listing description will transport them there.
3. Take great photos. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to take great photos of your listings. Many high-end smart phones have the capability to take great photos. However, in competitive markets or for higher-end listings, it’s smart to hire a professional photographer who can help show the home in its best light.
4. Don’t forget about the neighborhood. Include photos of the neighborhood or mention the feel of the neighborhood in the listing description. Buyers often want to know the vibe and culture of the community they’re considering moving to. Does the neighborhood have monthly cookouts during the warm months? Is it an older neighborhood where the residents have lived in their homes for decades? Is it an up-and-coming family-friendly neighborhood?
5. Include video. A short, one-minute video will help give buyers an overall view of the property and encourage them to view it in person.
Did you know the Property Match feature of Referral Maker CRM makes it even easier to share your listings with your clients in your database? Visit ReferralMaker.com to learn more.