In business, your reputation is everything. When you work by referral, your reputation can make or break your business. Your reputation is built on trust. We want to work with people that we trust and your clients are no exception. A thriving business built on referrals has a strong foundation of trust—your clients trust that you will assist them throughout the real estate process and do your best to serve their needs. Build trust with your clients with these tips:
1. Focus on honesty. Trust is built on honesty. Honesty is more than being straightforward with your words; it’s about being honest in your actions as well. Never lie to your clients or misrepresent your business or the services that you can offer.
2. Be reliable. Your clients want to be able to count on you. Keep your word, be punctual and call or email when you say you will. Real estate transactions can be stressful for clients—especially if they’re new to the process—and the waiting game can lead them to jump to a million conclusions. However, keeping them in the loop when you say you will serves to mitigate any potential misunderstandings and will put your clients at ease.
3. Be consistent. Similar to reliability, consistency will remind your clients that you have their best interests at heart. How? Sending your monthly marketing flyers and eReports on time provides value while assuring them that you’re there to serve their needs. A quick phone call every month or few months, depending on your relationship with them, will remind them that you’re thinking of them and are there to help with all of their real estate needs.
4. Navigate difficult situations with grace. As the professional in the transaction, your clients expect you to keep your cool, even in the face of difficult situations. Keeping your cool assures your clients that you know what you’re doing and can often diffuse volatile situations. No cussing, no finger pointing and no table flipping. Watch the words you use to ensure that you’re not triggering unnecessary worry or stress for your clients, and do your best to reassure them when you get the opportunity.
5. Have respect. Respect is important in any relationship. Show that you respect your client’s time by being punctual. Show that you respect their decisions by providing guidance and education about the local market and the real estate process (even if they’ve bought or sold a home before).
Learn the tips that can help you exceed the expectations of your clients at Brian Buffini’s Success Tour 2015. In its second year, this real estate event will give you the strategies necessary to make this year your best ever. Visit BrianBuffini.com for more information and to reserve your spot today!