Jumpstart your productivity each morning when you wake up! Your morning routine can set the tone for the rest of your day. Do you start your day stressed out and in a whirlwind of activity? If so, you may feel harried for the rest of the day. However, if you start your morning relaxed and focus on the day ahead, you’ll be better prepared to handle the challenges you may face. Here are a few tips.
Don’t rush. You may think, this is easier said than done. However, you can make your mornings less stressful through better planning.
• Prepare the night before. Before you go to bed, take the time to set out your outfit for the next day, pack your lunch, pack your children’s lunches, put coffee and water in the coffee maker, etc. This takes the thought out of the next morning and gives you fewer choices to make. As a result, you’ll have more time to relax into your day.
• Wake up earlier. Instead of hitting the snooze button five times, just get up. It’s hard at first—the bed is so warm and cozy—but once you get moving, you’ll be happy that you did.
Be selective about your tasks
• Do something you enjoy. Start your day on the good foot by doing something you like to do, whether it’s reading a chapter or two of a novel or strapping on your running shoes and pounding a few miles of pavement before work.
• Connect with your loved ones. The morning is often the only time all day that your whole family is together. Enjoy your time with them. Eat breakfast at the table and discuss what you’re all doing that day.
• Keep it positive. It’s easy to switch on the news or scan news stories on your smartphone while you eat breakfast. And, while it’s great to be informed, subjecting yourself to negativity first thing in the morning can make you feel negative all day. Instead, seek out the positive, whether it’s an uplifting book, an inspirational video or a motivational song.
• Enjoy 10 minutes of quiet time. Take 10 minutes to meditate, pray or just refocus your mind.
• Ease into email and work tasks. If you’re like most agents, you’re checking your email before your eyes have fully opened. There’s no rule that says that you have to check your email first thing in the morning. Create a schedule, and commit to dealing with work stuff during your work time. Referral Maker® real estate CRM makes it easier to create a more productive schedule. It not only lets you know what to do each day and who to contact, it also incorporates your daily to-dos into your agenda. Visit Referral Maker for more information, and to start your 30-day free trial.