Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, a day to express gratitude and appreciation for what we have. Although we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in the United States until next month, it’s still a good time to start thinking about those clients who have given us referrals, especially multiple referrals, in the past year. When you work by referral, the referrals given by your clients are the bread-and-butter of your business—they help you to thrive and reach your goals. To show your appreciation, and to encourage more referrals, it’s important to express your gratitude. After all, they don’t have to refer you to their friends and family; however, they appreciate the level of service that you provided to them.
Here are five ways to give back to those who have helped your business grow.
1. Write a personal note. Everyone loves to get a note in the mail thanking them for something they did. It only takes a few minutes to write, but its impact is lasting.
2. Give them a small token of appreciation, like a gift card or a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant. You don’t need to spend a fortune; you just need to express your appreciation.
3. Call to say “Thank you.” It sounds so simple, but a call to say “thanks” is one of the best ways to show your appreciation.
4. Host a client party to thank your favorite clients for the referrals they’ve given you. Client parties are a great way to show your appreciation and connect your clients with one another.
5. Take them to lunch. Break bread with your best clients over breakfast, lunch or dinner at their favorite restaurant.
Referrals are essential to your business, especially if you work by referral. Thank those clients who help your business grow and thrive. Referral Maker™ CRM real estate software keeps track of the people who send referrals to you, helps you plan your next client party and reminds you to make contact with your best clients. Visit the Referral Maker website for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.