When many of us started in real estate, we took great care to prepare for each and every listing presentation. Over time, as we became more experienced with pitching our services to our clients, our preparation may have become less and less. In some cases, we may even wing it. After all, we’ve done about a million listing presentations so far right? We have this in the bag. Back the train up, big shot. Preparation is essential whether it’s your first presentation or your one millionth. And, preparation saves you from playing the “I should’ve said…” game in your car on the way home.
But most importantly:
Good preparation shows that you’re respectful of time—yours and your clients’. Click to Tweet.
Here are five smart ways to prepare for your next listing presentation.
1. Anticipate your clients’ wants and needs. Why are the homeowners moving? Is it to make space for a growing family? Are they relocating for work? Have their kids left home and they want to downsize? Find out their reasons for wanting to list their home when you initially speak with them so that you can serve them better.
2. Think about any concerns or objections your clients may have. Selling a home is an emotional experience for many homeowners. In many situations, homeowners aren’t eager to sell their homes. While they may look forward to buying a new home that fits their needs better, they still have memories tied up in the home they’re in, not to mention all of the work that they put into it since they bought it. Put yourself in their shoes and think of the concerns that may be troubling them. Then, create a plan to address them.
3. Update your local market stats and download the latest Brian Buffini’s Real Estate Report. One of the best ways to explain the state of the market is to give statistics. Paint an accurate picture of your local market and compare it to the national market. And, remember to answer any questions they may have.
4. Look over your dialogues. Dialogues help to ensure that you sound professional and make the important points that you need to make without fumbling over your words or filling air with “um” and “uh.” Memorize them and then put your spin on them. Referral Maker™ real estate CRM has all the proven dialogues you need. Login and refresh your memory before your next listing presentation.
5. Practice. The more you practice, the more comfortable you’ll be. So practice whenever you can: in the car, in the shower, while you’re making coffee, while you’re running on the treadmill, etc.
Referral Maker™ CRM not only has the dialogues you need to help you prepare for your next listing presentation, it will also keep you organized. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial today.