January offers a fresh start to replace bad habits with better ones. Identifying bad habits is the easy part. The hard part is developing good habits to replace them. After all, it takes time and practice to develop a habit, whereas it doesn’t take much to create a bad one. Make this the year you revamp your habits with these tips:
1. Make a plan. If you want to change your life with better habits, it’s essential to create a plan.
• Visualize the life you want to lead and don’t leave out a detail.
• Write down what you see, and what you must do to make it a reality.
• Write down the steps you need to take. This will help you develop your habit.
2. Know your triggers. What triggers you to give in to the bad habit instead of making the better choice? For example, if you want to lose weight, but indulge in chips and chocolate at 3pm each day, ask yourself why? Is it because you want a quick energy fix? Are you sleep deprived? Are you stressed out and the snacks provide a comfort? Once you identify what triggers the bad habit, you can replace it with a better habit.
3. Track. Tracking not only keeps you accountable, it also provides perspective when you need it the most.
4. Keep it up. It takes time to develop a good habit. Be patient and keep at it each and every day. Over time, the better habit will prevail.
5. Reward yourself. Rewards are a great way to stay on track. After all, it’s often easier to keep pursuing something if you have something positive to focus on. Just be sure that the reward won’t undo all of your hard work.
Referral Maker® CRM makes it easier to adopt a habit once and for all. Set reminders for everything from making your lead generation calls daily to working out at lunch. Referral Maker will remind you and help you stay on track. Visit ReferralMaker.com for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.