When was the last time you connected with your favorite business owners? If it’s been a while, it may be time to host a business mixer. Mixers give you the opportunity to catch up with your favorite business owners while giving them the chance to meet and mingle with other great leaders. Although it may be tempting to impress your top business owners by throwing an extravagant event, it’s better to keep it simple, silly.
1. A great business mixer doesn’t have to break the bank. Ask your guests to chip in $10 or so each to help defray the costs.
2. Start small. For your first mixer, only invite your A+ business owners. In the future, add your A and B clients into the mix or you can encourage your favorite business owners to bring a friend.
3. Break bread with your business owners. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are ideal times to connect with your business owners.
• Plan a breakfast business mixer and serve bagels, muffins, juice and coffee
• For a lunch mixer, set out sandwiches, drinks, chips and cookies
• At a dinner mixer, order a few pizzas and provide salad, soft drinks and water
4. Use your resources. Consider hosting the business mixer in the conference room of your office. If you have a relationship with the owner of a local restaurant or coffee shop, see if you can reserve space or hold the event there.
Eventually, the business owners will come to see you as the connection between them and other great businesses in your community and will look forward to meeting up with you and other great business owners on a monthly or semi-monthly basis.
Use Referral Maker ™ CRM to help you create your guest list, send an invitation via email, set reminders and much more. Referral Maker is a real estate CRM designed to help real estate professionals work more efficiently, reach their goals and lead thriving businesses. Visit Referralmaker.com for more information or to sign up for a free 30-day free trial of Referral Maker today.