How you start your day often predicts the course of the rest of your day, whether you realize it or not. Think about the past week and how you started your day: Did you wake up energized to start your day or did you yawn and grumble to the coffee maker and get ready in a hazy fog of exhaustion? Now, how did you end your day: Feeling productive and happy or tired and ready for an adult beverage?
If you want to be happier, it’s important to start your day on a positive note. Here are three ways to do so.
1. Wake up earlier. Studies show that people who wake up early tend to be happier than their night owl peers. Maybe they’re so excited to take on the day that they have to leap out of bed at an earlier hour or perhaps it’s because they’re able to get more done by the time the clock strikes 10am or maybe they’re just more relaxed because they don’t have to rush around to get to work. Try waking up 15 to 20 minutes earlier for a week and see how you feel. Just remember to go to bed earlier, too, so that you don’t skimp on sleep.
2. Think of one thing you’re looking forward to doing that day. Thinking about something you’re excited to do later in the day will not only motivate you through the not-so-fun activities, it’ll also put your mind in a more positive state to tackle the challenges may arise.
3. Have a happy routine. You probably already have a routine that you follow each morning. Add a feel-good element to it to put you in a good mood.
• Update your gratitude list. Write down at least one thing you’re thankful for each day. Counting your blessings provides perspective.
• Listen to feel-good music. Make a playlist of songs that get your foot tapping and put you in a good mood.
• Read something positive. Whether it’s a quote or a chapter of an inspiring book, reading something positive can boost your mood and improve your mindset.
If you want to make happiness a goal, do so using Referral Maker™ real estate CRM. Referral Maker allows you to set specific goals and track your progress toward achieving them. Add the activities mentioned above to your to-do list and make a commitment to completing them. Soon you’ll be starting your days happier and more productive. Visit Referral Maker for more information and to start your 30-day free trial.